Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What's New

I've been missing from Blogland for a while. Busy busy and what-not. In the past three-ish weeks I have:

*quit my job
*started a different job
*unpacked a lot more boxes
*got rid of stuff I don't need
*cleaned a lot
*rode my bicycle a significant amount
*read a lot
*worked on growing my hair
*sang to music and danced around my house
*went for loooong walks at the marsh and by my house - it's been so strangely warm
*mostly worked a lot as job transitioning is really energy- and time-consuming

So, I am now the full-time permanent assistant director at the redwood coast jazz and blues festival production office (the same one I temped at last summer). Full time, permanent, negotiated to work with my life and my priorities, and this is one happy and fulfilled woman.

I'm reading a book that talks about the extreme importance of living in the moment, not a moment this afternoon, or one of your favorite moments from last year, but this one. And now this one, and now this one. And this one too. Get it? It sounds oversimplified and it is. Because humans need oversimpflication or else they forget. Or that's my soapbox, I guess. I don't mean it as a lecture but rather just a snippet of something I feel like I've learned recently. And probably learned it a year ago too. Silly humans.

So, hopefully I will get back on here and give more interesting updates but wanted y'all to know I'm doing better than I ever have been since I got here and feel like I'm starting to call this place home finally. FINALLY. And Mikey and I are making big plans and actually starting to implement them.

In other news, Mikey cut off all his dreads and he looks adorable with short hair. It changes how he looks drastically, and he didn't want me to even write this so I'd better leave it at that. (And no, it wasn't my idea, not even a little bit. It was all him.)

2 comments:

Charmingly Feisty said...

"worked on growing my hair
sang to music and danced around my house"

Dang, I heart you.

I'm so happy to hear that you are happy.

And oh-so-fittingly, my word verification of the day is "vawwwr".

West Coast Midwestern said...

I heart you too!

I hope you are well!!!!! Thank you for being such a loyal blog reader!!!!