Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My California Anniversary

So I've been here a year (as of March 12, actually). So, that's some kind of accomplishment. The year's been rough, I would have to say, but now it's behind me, and I think there's some downhill in sight for a while.

It's less than two weeks until the jazz festival. (Six venues, over 100 shows, four days, just me, the director, and volunteers to run this thing - so yeah, you could say things are a bit hectic at the moment. But no worries, I'm rockin' it. Finally feeling like I am really good at my job. So, that's always nice.) I've been working 7 days a week, 12-14 hours a day. I'm looking forward to having other pursuits again.

After this is over, I think I'll take a trip back home. After that, I'm not sure what I'll do. There is this other festival coming up, Blues by the Bay, in August this year. I have some other ideas too. So we'll see where my second year in Humboldt County takes me. Hopefully much farther than the first.

The weather's been pretty nice. Spring is here, everything is in bloom. The sun is out. It's a new day.

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

This is a really nice post. Congratulations on your first year-- I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks, Laurie. I can't wait to come back to Madison for a visit though! I don't think I'll ever be a humboldt honey at heart. I just love Wisconsin way too much.