Monday, December 3, 2007

So THIS is Winter

It started on Saturday. The wind has been blowing so hard that it sounds like waves crashing outside my window while I try to sleep at night. I live close to the ocean but not THAT close.

Today I asked my coworker if this is normal for winter. He replied in the affirmative, and the eavesdropping cleaning lady (OK, I directed the question at anybody listening in the room) gave me a look like I was an idiot.

If you don't think wind can blow hard enough to blow a person away, you should really give this place a try. Really.

Then again, it could be snowing. I heard Wisconsin got a huge snowstorm, and I can't say I miss THAT.

PLUS I have a really fun umbrella, which makes rain more bearable. Of course, I have to wait until the wind dies down a bit to even go out there in the first place because the rain sort of seems to be falling from the ground up when the wind and rain get together for tea. But I mean, as far as umbrellas go, this one comes with a lifetime warranty if it fails me. That's how hardcore it is here.

Anyway, it's still relatively warm and the sun was out this morning. So all in all it's not that bad... ask me again after a week solid of this and we'll see if I feel the same...

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

It snowed here last week, too! But it had all melted by morning. I should really invest in a lifetime-warranty-holding umbrella-- I always buy the cheapest ones I can find due to my uncanny ability to lose them immediately but they are always so craptastic!

West Coast Midwestern said...

It was only $25 (after the ridiculous 7.5% sales tax that they have here) and no matter what happens to it and no matter how long I've owned it, they will replace it with a like design and model with only $4.50 for shipping.

So yeah, lifetime warranty, like I said. Haha.

Plus it is so much more pleasant to use than my usual crappy little umbrellas. Seriously. It's worth the "investment."