Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Still Blogging at Work = Not Good But Yet Good

Although I've actually been reading far faster than I can keep up with updating my "Currently Reading" sidebar here on Blogger, and also working on getting settled into my new apartment which is always more complicated than I wish it was, but also quite good to have my own space again (and more fun to share it with someone else and decide together what to do with the place, which is surprising I must admit because I historically don't like to share but he being an artist means while he does not care in the least about what he wears he actually has a wonderful sense of color and style and we seem to like a lot of the same things - not all things, but enough to make things really fun), my blog life is suffering because I don't have the internet at home. But the rest of my life is improving because I don't have the internet at home. Go figure.

So since I have sold most of my furniture we are starting over in that department. This means picnic style dinner on our living room floor by candlelight (we have lamps, it's just that candlelight is more exicting) while playing Scrabble and listening to CD's on my laptop plugged into some random speakers I still own from the PC I used to own, which actually makes quite a good stereo. This also means shopping at places like Bed Bath and Beyond (when necessary) and thrift stores (more adventurous) and choosing quality over quantity, making decisions slowly and mutually. I am loving every second of this having our own place thing. And realizing with each passing moment just HOW BAD my previous living situation was.

Which brings me to my next point. Sometimes things just don't bear repeating and just don't matter in the "big picture". My month of August, though the weather was EXQUISITE the ENTIRE MONTH, was one of those months that it is just good to be done with, and now that it's in the past I don't even want to rehash it all just to explain on here.

So I won't. A few of you know the story anyway from phone conversations. Suffice it to say things were rough through August, I am stronger for it, and we are all smiling here in northern California.

But seriously, August was sunny and warm and glorious EVERYDAY and we wore sandals and tee-shirts and there was no cold chill to the air. September, alas, has brought me back to the reality that is Humboldt County. And I have learned from the locals that it was unusual for August to be this "hot". (It was low 70's most of the month. To me that is not hot. Looking at the weather reports for Wisconsin, my hometown folks know what I'm talking about. People here are just nuts if they think 70 is hot.)

This weekend is my first camping trip. I'm really scared/nervous/excited.

No comments: