Monday, April 7, 2008

No, I do not have a cold

I just sound like I do. It's called allergies, and apparently it's part of who I am now. Ah, Humboldt County, you and I have such a love/hate relationship. This is all your fault.

I wonder if I moved back to Wisconsin if the itchiness in my eye sockets and the non-stop blowing of my nose would just disappear. Or if this is my souvenir that I get to keep FOREVER.

I'm sorry, lil sis, that I ever made fun of the way you said mom ("bob"). Now I understand just how frustrating these kinds of problems are.

The festival is over which means I have time to whine and complain again. Yay!

In other dews (that's "news" if your nose isn't full of snot), I'm taking vacation sometime this month. I am watching airline rates and as soon as I can snatch up a decent deal I'm homeward bound. Prepare yourselves accordingly. I'm generally a fun person. When I'm not complaining.

3 comments:

Russell said...

Have you tried something like Claritin? That usually helped my allergies a lot.

Congrats on putting on a successful festival! Can't wait to see you when you come to visit! :)

West Coast Midwestern said...

Yes, I actually take Claritin everyday, and it helps A LOT with the itchiness in my eyes and nose. We live in an apartment right off the bay which makes it susceptible to mold, and that does not help matters. I think I need to invest in a dehumidifier as well.

Also, it rains pollen here. It has something to do with the redwoods, which are amazing and gigantic, but raining pollen? Not cool.

Thanks! I can't wait to see you too! I'll let everyone know the second (minute) I book airline tickets. It's looking like either the beginning of May or the end of May/beginning of June. I'm trying to be here for Memorial Day weekend to do a glass show with Mike during the Kinetic Sculpture Race, which is a BIG DEAL in Humboldt County.

Russell said...

Ahh, the mold and raining pollen explains the troubles. Do you have to shake all the yellow pollen off your umbrella when you go inside? ;)

I'll be out of town the first few days of May, so I vote for end of May/June.