Friday, October 3, 2008

It's a Slug Party and You're Invited

I'd be lying if I said last night there were hundreds of slugs right outside our front door. It would be far more accurate to say dozens, so for the sake of honesty I'll say dozens. DOZENS OF SLUGS. Outside our door. That is still a lot of slugs. All just hanging out on the pavement, glad for the rain so that they could come out of their hiding spots and grace us with their gooey presence.

I didn't think to take a picture last night and this morning when I opened the door they were gone. I guess they had a late night and have crashed by now. Or, you know, it's damper at night, scientifically speaking.

Photobucket

In other slug-related news (I can honestly say I never thought I would have multiple stories at once related to slugs) Josh and I went to the zoo last Sunday (yes, it was awesome) and there is a Banana Slug Exhibit. A Banana Slug Exhibit. At the Zoo.

The question I have is how often do they have to change the exhibit since I am pretty sure slugs have a fairly short lifespan. So far nobody has cared enough to even entertain this question. In all fairness I must just like to ask the question because if I really cared I could have Googled it by now. But I haven't.

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

Googling: Show You Really Care

West Coast Midwestern said...

Exactly.

I just thought of something: the real reason I keep asking the question is in hopes to draw out the men in my life, since both Josh and Mike are extremely introverted individuals - like father, like son I guess.