Saturday, October 4, 2008

When Having an Artist for a Dad Really Pays Off (aka Puppy Pancake!)

This morning we made pancakes for breakfast. Kaya asked her dad to make her a puppy pancake. This was just too darn cute not to share:

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Kaya wishing she could eat her pancake already!)

Tonight I'm filling in at the gallery while Mike and the kids watch movies at home. Wish I were there with them!

It's fall here in Humboldt, which means rain and chilly air that calls for having warm snuggly knits on hand!

Oh, and speaking of pancakes and puppies, when pancakes are had Baby has apparently always gotten one. This three-year tradition left Baby hanging off the back of the couch drooling and licking her chops while we ate pancakes. We set one aside for her to let it cool off, and when I got up and picked up that pancake to take it outside, Baby started dancing on her hind legs like I have never seen before. Mike told me to make her at least jump through the hoop once before I gave it to her, and when I held up that old tire she jumped OVER the whole thing, as if to SHOW ME just how much she wanted that pancake. Well, she got it. And I don't think she even tasted it, it was gone so fast.

2 comments:

Charmingly Feisty said...

Wow, now I feel that my teddy bear pancakes are mere kindergarten efforts.

Very cool!

West Coast Midwestern said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I am sure your teddy bear pancakes are way cooler than anything I can make using batter!