Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our New Family Tradition? (Monkey Pancake!)

Last weekend Mike surprised Joshy with a pancake custom made just for him:
Photobucket

Josh loved it, but doesn't like how the picture of him turned out so I won't post it.

So, we get up, I mix up the batter and Mikey makes the fantastically fun designs. I got a flower this time. Kaya hates real maple syrup but I can't bring myself to buy the Aunt Jemima High Fructose Corn Syrup version so I made my mom's version and Kaya was happy! I like when we can reach great compromises.

Then we all went for a hike in the woods and this was my favorite moment because Josh finally let us get a picture taken together:

Photobucket

Baby steps. Maybe someday he'll just smile. Then again, he does take after his dad in so many ways... it's actually kind of scary. That's how I know they are really related. Those kids are carbon copies of their papa. It's a good thing I like him so much!

4 comments:

Charmingly Feisty said...

What a great picture of y'all!! And OMG I want that pancake. When will he start selling them on ebay?

West Coast Midwestern said...

Great idea! But I'm not sure if we can ship them out fast enough to ensure Pancake Deliciousness. Maybe he should find a non-edible outlet for his monkey- and puppy-creating desires... however, I just remembered my mom used to freeze leftover pancakes and how well they reheated so maybe...

Oh man, we crack me up!

Charmingly Feisty said...

I just had the most brilliant idea. He should do pancakes in the shape of the virgin Mary and Jesus. You guys would be rich.

Onion a Day said...

I can't believe these amazing pancakes! They are so cool! Mike is one talented guy.