Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Year Change is a Natural Time to Reflect

So here are my lists off the top of my head:

THINGS I'M PROUD OF:
*moved 2000 miles out of my comfort zone to try something completely different
*have stuck out the hard parts of the above decision and have been rewarded for it
*earned not one but two good jobs in a really tough local job market
*successfully negotiated a job that has only been temporary in the entire 20-year history of the organization into a permanent one on my terms

THINGS I'M NOT SO PROUD OF:
*haven't talked to my older sister since moving away
*don't call my family often enough
*wasn't able to handle tough situations with former roommates as well as I would have liked (though I do feel I did the best I could at the time)
*still trying to break that impulsive nature of mine: impulse buying (Can you say Us Weekly - EW!), impulse moving across the country, impulse eating a pizza when I'm supposedly trying to eat healthier (oh, but see now I can add "being able to admit my weaknesses" to the "things I'm proud of" list!)

MOVIES I SAW IN THE THEATRE (this would be a "best of", except that these are the only two movies I saw in the theatre in 2007):
*Across the Universe
*Pirates of the Caribbean 3

BEST OF THE MOVIES I RENTED:
*Waking Life
*A Hard Day's Night
*Pink Floyd's The Wall
*Fast Food Nation (OK, this is debatable, but it IS the last movie I rented in 2007)
*The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Mos Def = Ford Prefect = awesome)

BEST OF THE BOOKS I READ:
*The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
*The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
*Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
*How I Became Stupid by Martin Page

BEST OF THE BOOKS I REREAD:
*Chocolat by Joanne Harris

BEST OF THE NEW (to me) MUSIC I HEARD:
*Cat Power
*TV on the Radio

MY ALBUMS OF THE YEAR:
*Across the Universe Original Movie Soundtrack, Deluxe Edition
*Joyful Sign by Girlyman

How about you? How was your 2007?

2 comments:

Charmingly Feisty said...

You have had an incredible year and I think you should be proud of yourself!!

Go you! :)

West Coast Midwestern said...

sunny blizzard! You have had an incredible year too! I am proud of both of us! Go us!! :-)