Friday, June 8, 2007

Where I Live (AKA The Best Dictionary Entry)

While looking for a word in my dictionary I came across the best entry ever:

la-la land (la'la') n. 1. A place renowned for its frivolous activity. 2. A state of mind characterized by unrealistic expectations or a lack of seriousness.

I have been accused by just about every teacher growing up of being in la-la land. But I did not know it actually existed, according to my rockin' dictionary, and that just clears up so much for me! You have no idea how excited I am.

I guess this means there is a real name for my condition.

Hahaha. Just kidding.

Changing the subject, the lowlight of my day was when a fiber optic in our little Humboldt County made the internet go away for all people everywhere/in Humboldt County. This meant at my second day at my new job I was able to do hands-on training MUCH less (like not at all) than I wanted.

In related news, the highlight of my day was that the internet was down so my coworker and I went for a hike on our property, which has its very own hiking trails. Oh yeah, I love my life and I love la-la land.

PEACE.

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

Oh, La La Land. I know it well. Ms. La Russa in 2nd grade was very fond of telling me that.

And I didn't know that was possible for all of the internet in an entire county to go out!!

West Coast Midwestern said...

Maybe it's a rule that 2nd grade teachers say that to little daydreaming girls then, becuase it was Mrs. Kittleson from 2nd grade that found it necessary to announce in front of the WHOLE CLASS that I was in la-la land AGAIN.

Oh yeah, and I was in my first angel fund committee meeting and the doctors on the committee laughed that "only in Humboldt County" does something like this happen (to the internet) and that "this isn't Madison, young lady!" I guess not!