Saturday, July 28, 2007

Homesick

I have been pretty homesick since I moved out here. I try to be as positive as possible about it. I will survive. I will be disappointed in myself if I give up and move back home. Each passing month gets a bit easier. But I still really miss Wisconsin more than I can even begin to explain. I miss all my family's faces. I miss the familiar. I miss what I know. I miss feeling like I belong somewhere. Though I'm not sure that I felt I belonged there either.

Don't worry, this isn't really a pity party. It's just my raw honesty.

I hope you all don't forget about me until years from now I'm just a distant vague memory of a strange and intriguing (or is that strangely intriguing) girl you once knew. Is that what you choose when you move 2000 miles away from your hometown? I really hope not.

1 comment:

Laurie Stark said...

I feel you, girl. You are one strong lady, just remember that. You are doing so awesomely.