Monday, July 30, 2007

Moving, AGAIN.

Today, we signed an apartment lease! So regardless of my homesickness, I'm here for at least another year. We are moving into our new apartment, in Bayside, this weekend.

It was an awesome relief to be done with the apartment search and be able to move onto the next phase.

Then we realized the next phase is actually packing up and moving, and unpacking and settling in. Again.

I hate moving. Why can't I never remember this!? Well we have the cutest, coziest two-bedroom apartment, and I am really looking forward to setting up my house again and having MY SPACE, OK our space. But it will be so nice, that's all I'm saying.

Oh, I'm also saying that we rode our bicycles after work today. About a six mile bicycle ride, and the same or a bit more yesterday, if my map-using skills are worth the keyboard I'm typing this on.

Which I have no idea if they are. Especially since Mike stared at the map and figured out how far we went while I sat next to him reading my book.

But that's not the point. The point is that after a really hard work day, a Monday no less, I could have been my usual tired lazy self. Instead I remembered Mike's desire to go for a bike ride again the next day, and suggested we do that. And we did. It's just that simple. Today, anyway.

No comments: