Sunday, July 29, 2007

This is a Picture I Really Like

...because it illustrates that Mike really has a face, and it's a good one:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So today we rode our bikes for about two to three hours and ate our packed lunches and had a grand ol' time. I hadn't ridden my bicycle in quite a long time and it felt good to be out on it. I forgot my camera, else I'd have pictures. We rode over one of the Samoa bridges that connects Eureka to Woodley Island across the bay (that's Humboldt Bay, not to be confused with The Bay, which is San Francisco Bay), and looked at all the sailboats in the marina. There was one called Good News. We were going to ride our bikes over Bridges 2 and 3, but it was so terribly windy up there on the bridge and Mike didn't want to overdo it on our first attempt to bike to the beach and then have me never do it again. I thought he was just being silly/overly cautious but by the time we got back home, my sore knees realized that he was right and I was grateful that he took that care with me. There was quite a lovely view of the bay from the top of the first bridge, and meandering around the marina on our bicycles was pleasant. We stopped in the Eureka "Old Towne Square" to eat our lunch that Mike packed.

Tomorrow after work if we are both up to it and the weather is less windy we are going to attempt the second and third bridges as well as the first and actually see if we can make it to the beach. The key around here is that if it is windy on the bay, and definitely a bit more inland than that, then you don't even want to attempt to go to the beach, where you are likely to get blown right over and away.

We got home around 3PM and played about fifty games of Mancala. We are at about a tie, I think. OK, Mike wins more than me, but it's because he counts and I try, but I get too lazy to keep it up.

Now I'm going to bed. I just wanted to show a more recent picture of Mike as he was looking all fluffy in the last post and his beard isn't quite so huge these days.

No comments: