Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We got a house!

It's official. After months and months of saving every penny, scouring the classifieds for rentals, contacting potential landlords, doing drive-by's of houses (that's how they do here in Humboldt, it's weird), call back for showings of the houses we were interested in seeing the insides of, drooling over the lovely kitchen spaces, and two-car garages, and fenced-in back yards, and multiple bathrooms, filling out applications, only to have it all be for naught in the end.

Only it wasn't for naught. Because we have a house. A house that allows dogs, a house with three bedrooms, and a big deck in our own private fenced backyard where there is room for a garden. We have a garage, and we have a full-size kitchen, and we have a space large enough for a real table that more than two people at at time can dine at, and there is actual wall space to hang pictures, not just a multitude of doors. I have a home to decorate. We will have room for guests!

We got a house!

4 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting!!

Charmingly Feisty said...

Congratulations! Now you get to have parties and fly us all out there! I can't wait.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

Hmm. the word verification is beddsin. Weird.

Onion a Day said...

That is wonderful! I haven't been to your blog since you signed off; I just noticed you were posting again now and then. I enjoyed reading your updates and loved the pictures of the snowflakes. I love paper snowflakes!

I think Mike and I should make plans to come see you sometime in the next year or so. What do you think?

West Coast Midwestern said...

Anya, I think that would be wonderful, you and Mike are most welcome at our house (but please wait until we move in and get furniture first!). Let's plan on it down the line a bit.