Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Office Planter, Bus Work (or Working on the Bus), and Web Comic(s) - But Not in that Particular Order

5/20/08

Dreary drizzly day. Took the 9:05 AM bus into work. Going to Wisconsin next week. Hard to focus on other stuff.

5/21/08

So the sun's out today. That's always nice. Got on the bus, and heard a voice say "Hi Naomi!" Turned around, and there was my coworker. Sat next to her and talked about work and stuff. Let her know how it all works, as I'm passing the torch onto her. I wonder if we can say our workday started at 8:30 (the time we started "talking shop" on the bus)...

*

So, there's a planter in my office, located next to the refrigerator, where a garbage can used to be. People apparently don't look very carefully at it as they pass by, and just dump garbage in the planter. Which then motivated me to make a sign that says:

"This is not so much a garbage can as it is a planter. Thanks for your time."

Wonder if it will work.

*

Also, this is funny (and sometimes how I/all office workers feel - well sort of, but in a bit more twisted way):

toothpaste for dinner
toothpastefordinner.com

Also this is definitely me (sometimes):

natalie dee
nataliedee.com

But not today. So don't worry about it!

1 comment:

Laurie Stark said...

HA! I love the planter story and the Natalie Dee comic!