Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Kinetic Sculpture Race - I am Addicted

The 2008 Kinetic Sculpture Grand Championship was this past weekend, starting Friday at the Arcata Plaza and ending Monday on Ferndale's Main Street.

That doesn't mean much to you Wisconsin Folks, but I will dare say that it was way cooler than Bratfest! (I realize that is blasphemous, but I LOVE Bratfest, so keep that in mind, OK? I am bummed that I have to miss Bratfest now that I no longer live in Wisconsin. I thought about Bratfest at least twice last weekend. But Kinetic Sculpture Race is still cooler.)

Anyway, I will definitely post pictures when I can, but if you are just dying to see how amazing the Kinetic Sculpture Race is, Google it. I heard one person describe it as a triathlon for artists. Doesn't that sound amazing? Because it is! So check it out.

In other news, today is my last day at the Festival office, at least for a while, and tomorrow evening I fly out of here, destination Madison. And man, am I anxious/excited about it!

See y'all soon! xoxoxoxo

UPDATE: Here is a link to the Wikipedia entry about the Kinetic Sculpture Race (apparently it is "also known as" the "Triathlon of the Art World". Awesome.) Link. YouTube also has some videos, as do I, but mine will appear later, probably after I get back from Wisconsin.

No comments: