Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Learning How to Make Glass Art

This is how I feel about playing with glass last night after we went for a lovely walk at the marsh at twilight:

Photobucket

My hand is getting steadier as I turn the glass (Learning how to turn glass in the flame with a steady hand is the single most important skill one can learn in order to have success at this - and it's a lot harder than you might think! I've taken to turning pencils while I go for walks and sit in the car, for practice.) and I'm getting the hang of the loops (pendant bales) and I am just about able to make my own pendant from start to finish! I can't wait to show you pictures of my little line of progress, from atrocious pendants to hopefully beautiful ones!

Yay for getting to learn how to work with glass and make things out of it! It's addicting... like everything else when you have an addictive personality.

I can't believe I didn't try this before!

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

So awesome! And that pizza is making me very hungry.

West Coast Midwestern said...

OMG I KNOW - it was delish, obviously.