Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sugar Comas and Indian Music Videos

5/21

There's an Indian restaurant on the corner. It's modest at best. They call themselves, appropriately, Indian Cuisine, and have delicious samosa's and naan and their special "hot milk tea". They always have Indian music videos playing on the flat screen TV they have mounted on the wall, which are fascinating to watch while I wait for my channa masala.

Also, the "Daily Specials" on the marker board haven't changed in months, maybe not ever.

5/22

I believe I'm going into a sugar coma, and it's all the fault of chocolate cake and caramel cheesecake and sweetened ice tea and coworkers with no self control who encourage bad choices.

OK, fine, it's my fault. MY FAULT, OK?

But seriously, that cake was as big as my face - and I have a big face. Good thing I shared it with my coworker or else I would be a goner. (Never mind that by sharing I mean she swapped half of her caramel cheesecake for half of my chocolate cake.)

I think I might need to go take a nap now. It's a good thing we have a "napping chair" here (and by that I mean one of our board members took a nap in a chair here yesterday afternoon).

2 comments:

Charmingly Feisty said...

I adore Indian music videos! The ones I've seen, anyway. Ichiban Son is often showing me new ones.

You make the place you live sound so inviting, and you make it sound like you just fit right in; you make me a bit envious, honestly.
You seem to have found your place in the world.

West Coast Midwestern said...

Ah, the art of words, and the pictures we paint. I am so glad you get the feeling that I live in an inviting place. That is definitely one vibe I am attempting to present (but while being honest about its faults as well, as that can make a place endearing too). And you know, I am beginning to really feel like I fit right in and have found my place, my niche, in the form of a geographic location. But it's always nice to have someone else confirm it.

Though, don't be jealous, or you know, you can; but I will admit that when I read your blog and anyone else in Madison, Wisconsin, I feel exactly the same way right back atcha.

That is really cool that you have seen Indian music videos. They are incredibly fascinating to me, because you can see the mix of modern choreography, fashion and music with traditional Indian culture. It's very attractive, and captivating.