Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Cure for Anything is Salt Water

I read this quote yesterday, and I really liked it. So much so that not only did I write it down in my journal, but now I am posting it here:

"To be lonely is a state of mind, something completely other than physical solitude."

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea."

~Danish writer Karen Blixen


When I first decided to move here, part of the motivation was that it was known as a quiet, peculiar place near the ocean right smack dab in the middle of the redwoods. That, and someone* told me it was a good place to heal. And heal I have. Some of the hurt might have been something I created in my own head, but that didn't make it any less real.

My home is a beautiful place, even with its many flaws. I deeply hope that my family and friends will have a chance to experience this place as I have, to see its beauty firsthand.

*it wasn't Mike that told me this either

No comments: