Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Humboldt County, The Movie!

My favorite weekly, The North Coast Journal (or the NCJ), informed me today that there has been made an independent film about Humboldt County called, aptly, Humboldt County. There will be a screening of it in Eureka at the 101 Wild Rivers Film Festival on August 27, and I am excited!

Here's the trailer, compliments of YouTube:


Disclaimer: I did not create this film, and have not seen it, so I have no idea if it is a true representation of the Humboldt I know and love. But I will gladly give you a full report once I have seen it. Who's excited! (It's me.)

A quote from the NCJ, which is a quote from one of the directors of Humboldt County (the movie!), Darren Grodsky, seems like a good thing to, uh, quote here. So, here it is:

"The movie Chicago doesn't represent the entire essence of Chicago, nor does Casablanca or Philadelphia. It's a way of getting an inroad into the film, to set up a certain expectation. We don't pretend that we made a film that represents the entire county and everything that it is. It is certainly a very small slice of the diverse range of people and lifestyles there."

So, as I have many film festival going friends back in Wisconsin I can only wonder if any of them saw Humboldt County. I imagine I would have heard, but you never know...

No comments: