Friday, August 1, 2008

Of Course, I Mean, What Do You Expect, Really?

Of course, just when I decide to actually give cooking on a regular basis a try, another commitment finds its way into my life. I am going to have to find dishes that can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until I get home from work so I can just throw them into the oven. When I get home from the gallery it's time to list auctions on eBay, and in the mornings before I go to the gallery I photograph the items to be listed, and then while I'm at the gallery, I adjust the photos and create layouts, among the trillion other things a person has to get done in a day to be truly productive and stay on top of all the stuff to do. And still, I'm not ever done. (Does that sound whiny? I am not whining, I swear. I'm simply stating.)

I saw a question the other day somewhere: "What is your idea of a perfect day?" I immediately thought, "One where I get everything on my to-do list done." Seriously. And so far, I have not had a perfect day. Who has, I'm sure.

But if anyone has any recipes that are one-dish delights, can be put together and then refrigerated, to be cooked later, will they please share them with me? Please oh please? I accept emails and letters and phone calls. You know where to find me.

No comments: