Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Variation on the One Dinner Recipe I Know By Heart, Plus Losing Weight and How Work's Going

We made Mexican Lasagna "Ranchero Style" last night using chicken breasts instead of hamburger meat; Mike boiled the chicken and then pulled it all apart and mixed in the taco seasoning and a can of black beans (last time we used pinto but thought black would be delicious with chicken, which of course it was!). And then when I got home from work I put it all together and cooked it. It was a great team effort and DELICIOUS! Oh, and we also added a can of our favorite enchilada sauce, soooooo good (it's Carlita brand, and I'm telling you, I've never known something in a can to be so good, until now; try it, you won't be sorry). We served it up with sour cream on top (I cooked the olives in this time, somewhere in the middle on top of the first layer of cheese). It's fun to make food up together.

In other news, I've been doing this push-up challenge called hundredpushups.com and I though I have yet to be able to do a "real" push-up, I'm up to I think about 90 "knee" push-ups, and this week my clothes are fitting visibly better, and my abs and upper body is definitely more toned. Sooooooooo exciting! (I'm telling you, yesterday I wore one of my favorite dresses that hasn't fit in a while, and I looked smokin' hot. Just sayin'.)

On a similar note, Mike's been taking my car to his work in the morning, and then I have been riding my bicycle to his work (two miles) to get my car on my way to my job, which I work week-daily from 12-7. I love having my mornings to get lots of stuff around the house done and work for our business, run a few errands... plus I found a way to get a little exercise and fresh air in before I go sit in the gallery all afternoon. So, life is good.

Also, because I love so many rich and fattening foods (who doesn't, but anyway) I have been focusing really hard on doing physical activity everyday, even if it is just a relatively short walk, and controlling my food portion sizes. It seems to be working! So, let's stay positive on that. I can't diet, it's just not in my genes, seriously; but if this keeps working, this is a lifestyle change I can live with.

P.S. Working at the gallery is going really well, by the way. The owners are all really easy-going, plus they want lots of my opinions and advice on how to best proceed and make this business the best that it can be. Anyone who knows me knows I love to give my opinion (who doesn't, but anyway). And the shops on either side of me, one is a tattoo shop and the other is a garden supply store, are full of really nice people, so that is also good.

Now I gotta stop stalling and do my push-ups for today. I have been doing this for about a month, and now that I'm bragging about my progress, I can't let it slip now!

Updated to add: I dedicate this post to my friend, Sunshine Blizzard, for whom I am very grateful to know. It is because of her that I have gotten on this 100 push-ups challenge and gotten my health and weight moving back in the right direction. Thanks, E!

1 comment:

Charmingly Feisty said...

Oh my gosh, I'm blushing. I'm so glad this is something that's making your life better! :)