Monday, July 21, 2008

Baby Got Skunked

The dog freaked me out today. I let her out for a minute, left the door open for her to come back inside when she was done, and went in the other room to make the bed. All of a sudden she came barreling inside, literally foaming at the mouth and scared half to death. I had to physically drag her outside because she was foaming and drooling everywhere and her drool had the most awful smell! She fought me because she was scared to be outside. Only after I called Mike to come home did I realize what that awful smell was - poor Baby got sprayed by a skunk!

Anyway, we took Baby to the beach today. It was a treat for her after we spent the bulk of the day with rubber gloves on, alternating between scrubbing her with baby shampoo and dousing her with water and coating her with canned tomato juice and then starting the entire process over again. So far, it seems to have worked, as she smells much better.

I can't say I'm happy it was a skunk that caused that foaming at the mouth and crazed behavior, but I can say I'm glad that's all it was. For a minute there I thought she was having a seizure! It scared me half to death too!

I hope the evening is much more low-key.

1 comment:

Charmingly Feisty said...

oooh, that is nasty!! And what a strange synchronicity - as I drove to work today, I encountered what must have been a freshly hit skunk and it was awful!! I drove with the windows open the rest of the way, but my car still smelled when I left work.

But your experience sounds much worse, ack, sending you fresh lavenderandvanilla scented dreams!!