Friday, July 25, 2008

Too Close for Comfort

This morning, I was making breakfast, and I grabbed the dishcloth to wash off the table, when I saw something weird that sort of resembled a pickle on the dishrag, and I thought to myself, briefly, "that's odd because we don't have any pickles; what kind of weird trick did Mike play on me before going to work?"

And then the pickle moved. Which caused me to scream, a little bit, and throw the dishrag into the sink.

I was semi-okay with the existence of slugs out here as long as they stayed where they belong, which frankly I am certain is NOT in my kitchen sink. The banana slugs might be sort of novel, but even those can stay out of my house!

I took a couple pictures so you could share my joy with me. I call this piece "Slugs are Disgusting and Need to Stay Out of My Sink." Enjoy:
Photobucket

Photobucket

P.S. Since we are in a sharing mood, when I carried the thing outside on the dishrag it was oozing everywhere and I thought it was going to drip on me or the carpet! So disgusting.

5 comments:

Charmingly Feisty said...

You and Mother Nature are havin' some fun lately.

West Coast Midwestern said...

Ha! That's one way of putting it!

Laurie Stark said...

Eww! At least it wasn't a centipede. My roommate found one IN HER BED recently.

West Coast Midwestern said...

Centipedes (or slugs, or spiders!) IN THE BED is the WORST THING EVER! Your roommate wins! (Like that's something anyone wants to win.) Seriously though, what is it with icky bugs and after finding one where it just shouldn't be, I feel CRAWLY the rest of the day, like every piece of hair brushing my shoulder is a BIG HAIRY SPIDER and I'm wigged out. Is that just me? It's so nasty, I hate it.

West Coast Midwestern said...

Oh, and back to Sunny Blizzard's comment about Nature and Me Lately, yesterday birds hit my window at least twice. My windows are not that clean that they thought it was just air to fly through either; and the second time it happened, it appeared to be at least four birds - swallows or similar - fighting, or playing, I couldn't tell. But I mean, have you ever had that happen to you more than once in one day!? I hadn't until yesterday!