Thursday, July 10, 2008

To Do List

It's been so hot here that part of my to-do list was to help get Mike out the door as early as possible so he can get as much work done before it gets way too unbearable to be on the torch. He was up and out the door with a thermos full of coffee by 6:45, so that's pretty good.

We are dog-sitting Baby this week and next while Josh and Kaya are visiting their grandma (Mike's mom) in Baltimore. Baby is in heat. So a lot of my time is spent literally babysitting her. She is the sweetest dog in the entire universe (I'm not one of those annoying dog lovers that thinks that about my awful dog; anyone who meets her and/or spends any amount of time with her comments on how well behaved she is - she doesn't bark, she does exactly what you ask of her, and is an all-around very happy, social dog who just wants to be friends with everybody and their dog or uncle, literally), but I will admit I'm looking forward to when she is done being in heat. It's time-consuming to keep track of her so she doesn't make a mess in my house or have a neighborhood male dog impregnate her.

I also need to get my taxes done - I filed an extension because life was crazy hectic during the jazz festival and aftermath, and they were too confusing trying to figure out the state taxes, having moved to another state partway through 2007.

I have lots more marbles to list on eBay and have already taken many photographs that now need to be adjusted.

I need to research and contact three galleries that came recommended by one of our local gallery owners for Mike's work; one is in Dallas, one in D.C. and one in Colorado. Operation Mike Warren Next Dale Chihuly continues (clunky operation name, needs work).

And before the day gets too hot, I need to ride my bicycle. I've been working hard to be active everyday. I've also been trying to master push-ups, which is tough! But I will do it. I will do it. (I have an email support network of three girlfriends from Wisconsin, which is definitely motivating! To strong women!)

I also need to keep working on my writer's resume - it's tough! - but there is a lot of local freelance writing jobs to be done, and I'm trying to see if I can score any of them. That would be so awesome.

BUT FIRST! I need to eat some breakfast! (My usual top priority.)

No comments: