Monday, July 7, 2008

What I Have to Say About Wisconsin

I just got some of my thank you's out the door! I had an AMAZING trip, in spite of the wacky weather (flooding, storms, hail, tornadoes), my family is WONDERFUL, and it was so nice to see everyone! Thank you so much, dear Hayley and Dan for the hospitality, and Grandma and Mom and Dad too! No, I know that doesn't count as actual thank you's and yes, I certainly know I have more thank you's to send out than just that!

I saw some friends, and I saw my family. I felt like it was a long time to be there, and still not long enough to spend with everyone. I spend some wonderful time with my big sister Natalie (though she is not so big, so I guess that makes her my little big sister), I got to spend some QT with Mom and Dad, Grandma, Avery and Sadie, my brother Ben (this is not listed in any particular order). My extended family (my mom's family) came over to Mom and Dad's on a beautiful Sunday afternoon for grilled chicken and pork and lots of other homemade goodies. I went for long walks with Hayley, went to REAL stores (no, Humboldt County, you do not have REAL STORES, sorry to say) with Natalie, Mom, Hayley and Grandma (not all at the same time), got to eat at my favorite places (Sa-Bai Thong with Anya and Mike; Monty's Blue Plate Diner with Laurie, Anthony, and Andrea; JMK Nippon with Natalie; Laredo's with Hayley, Dan and Ben; The Great Dane with Bennett; Jolly Bob's with Hayley and Dan; Maharaja's with Hayley; The Jet Room with Sherry; The Bradbury with Hayley and Liz; Culvers with Grandma ... oh my, can you tell what I LOVE TO DO! LOL! I'm sure there is more, but seriously, I need to stop now), went to The Kissers' Final Show at the High Noon Saloon, got to see Stephen Marley at the Barrymore for FREE (thank you to Dad and his connections!)... not to mention all the delicious food people prepared for me, and all the lovely time spent with everyone! And oh man, now I just need to post pictures, so I will do that now and maybe I'll be back later to talk more about how awesome my visit was!

No comments: