Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ticks are Gross

I have found two ticks on my person in the last few months - TWO! They were on my clothing (which was on my person), but even that is way too close for comfort. No one invited you to this party of one, so get lost, Ticks. Two is two too many when it comes to ticks.

YUCK. I guess tromping through the woods and the marsh has its drawbacks. EWWWWW.

Edited to Add: One of those two ticks was located on me TODAY. Hence the post about it now.

Also, when we have the kids and the dog (which is most weekends and then some), we often go for walks either in the marsh or the redwoods or both, and we always find ticks on either a kid or the dog. Every time. There have been at least 10 ticks found on children and dog, and that is just too many. Especially with the scare of Lyme Disease.

Edited Again to Add: I just picked a tick off the dog. YUCK YUCK YUCK.

There once was a time when I wasn't sure what a tick looked like. Now I'm so familiar with the little buggers it's not funny. Not funny at all.

No comments: