Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Heart KMUD

I'm listening to KMUD (kmud.org) and I have to say I've never felt so attached to a radio station before. Real live people, not the deejays like on corporate radio stations, they talk about real issues, they play a really eclectic mix of music, and I discover a lot of extremely talented musicians and artists I wouldn't otherwise have discovered.

My current favorite shows include the Hawaiian/Jawaiian one on Tuesday at 4:00PM, the trance show on Thursdays at 2:30PM, the eastern music show on Thursdays at 4:00PM, and the early morning shows on most mornings, when they play really positive music with a beat that makes you want to jump out of bed and move your feet.

Edited to add: I also love the "Audio Archive" feature on their website, so if I don't like what they have on currently or I miss one of my favorite programs (or I want to listen to some of the late-night programs, which are often really good, but I'm not up at midnight), I can listen to them anytime! Gotta love technology.

No comments: