Sunday, May 20, 2007

8 Miles Through the "Rainforest" AKA Banana Slugs EVERYWHERE!

So we just recently, within the last two hours recently, went hiking. 8 miles at Headwaters Trail right south of Eureka. A lot of uphill. A lot of downhill. A fair amount of mud. Some rocks. A lot of banana slugs. Rainforest-like weather conditions. (Yes, that means misty-like rain-stuff that is not really rain but accumulates and sticks and makes ya all wet anyway, as well as extremely humid and steamy, naturally.) It was hard. It was gorgeous. It was nice. I'd do it again. But not tomorrow.

My buns are sore now, y'all. Like they need some ice cream. Hahaha.

P.S. Besides the strangely large number of banana slugs we saw a fire belly salamander - which Mike picked up - a stripey garden snake - Mike picked that up as well because he's like a little boy and they must pick up wriggly things - and I guess that is it. But we heard animals in the bushes. And we went into the scary dark woods to have a look, which reminded me of when my siblings and I did that a lot as kids. And didn't have a fear of the spooky forest darkness of it either. Also, the air smelled so sweet, from all the flowers and trees and uh, nature, and I took the deepest breaths I could as often as possible, but it was never deep enough. It really was a marvelous experience, good for my soul. And my sole(s). Heehee.

No comments: