Tuesday, May 15, 2007

According to My CAR, I'm a Californian Now (Monday, May 14)

So last night was the Ziggy Marley show. It was a total blast. We danced practically the whole time. Had this really awesome organic syrah. We left at midnight just as Ziggy finished his encore.

Today we went to the DMV and *FINALLY* all was in order and I've got my Californian registration, title, and new license plates. They make you physically hand them your old Wisconsin plates, so I can't ever go back. Haha, just kidding.

So then Mike dropped me off at the store and went to work. I realized he had both sets of keys. He realized it too and was about to head back to Eureka. I told him not to and I'd call him when I got home, since I thought Sarah might be home and able to let me in. I walked home and checked the door. Locked. Rang the doorbell. Looked through the mail. Got this really cute Wisconsin Cow postcard from Hayley. "Just a minute!" Yay! Sarah was home. Called Mike and told him not to come back to Eureka. I was in.

I watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, since apparently I'm in a movie-renting-and-watching phase these last few days (also, it was a 3 titles for $5 movie deal). It was humorous, especially the part where everyone in the galaxy is apparently British. Naturally.

Oh yeah, and I got a phone call back from the jazz place and it sure sounds like I'm in. They are trying to coordinate with the board of directors and could I come back for another interview? He told me it is mostly just a formality and that "they are going to love you" and not to worry. So I can't help it, I feel like I basically just got hired there. Cross your fingers. I'll let y'all know for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhhhhhhh, a jazz place? Lovin' it, lovin' it. Can't wait to read more...
Bets'

West Coast Midwestern said...

Thanks, Betsy, I got the job!!!! And I wrote a bit more about it in a more recent post above. So read on, Sister!