Monday, May 14, 2007

The Day Before a Road Trip (Monday, May 7)

Interviewed at a non-profit organization for a program assistant position at 9AM. Four ladies went around the table and asked me hard questions for an hour. They were really nice. My future potential boss brought me coffee.

Got home, changed clothes, made a phone call I needed to make (to get my California plates - need info from my bank). Watched two-hour episode of Grey's Anatomy on my computer (does it still count as watching TV if I only watch one show when I can on my computer? Meh, whatever).

Drove to Arcata. Walked to bank to deposit a check. Walked to Sacred Grounds and sat and read the paper for an hour while sipping an iced cherry mocha (it is HOT today! High was nearly 80 and sunny as all get-out! Nice though.). Walked to Safeway and bought some food for Mike and me, tofu snack sticks (smoked flavor - delish), fresh strawberries, dried veggies (squash and green beans and carrots and cabbage and yams), California roll six pack, a bottle of water. Walked back to Mike's studio listening to Alicia Keys Live and Unplugged in my earphones. The girl's got it goin' on, just so you know.

Sat with Mike and shared the sushi, sampled the dried veggies, shared two out of three tofu sticks, and each had a strawberry. Then we went for a walk around the big loop at the Arcata marsh.

Went for a bike ride about 8PM while Mike worked. Went home for the night around 9:30PM.

Tomorrow we are leaving for Garberville, Willits, Mendocito, Santa Rosa. To sell glass. We are hoping to stay at a beach in Mendocito. I'm free all week since I won't hear from the non-profit people until early next week and the director at the jazz and blues festival headquarters is on vacation this week.

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

The things that I hate most about TV are the commercials and the mindless zombie aspect. I think that consciously choosing to watch a show on DVD is different/better than just mindlessly vegging out on the couch, watching informercials for hours. Or even watching "real" TV shows if you watch like 700 of them a week and sit through brainwashing commercials.

Or maybe I'm just trying to validate my behavior. :)

Good luck with the job interviews!!

West Coast Midwestern said...

I was actually watching a TV show on abc.go.com which has limited commercials. And I mute them and play online. I don't know if it's better. But I think it is *slightly* better.