Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Have a Yob!!!!

OK I really have no idea why I think saying "yob" instead of "job" is funny, but other titles in the running for this post were "I've Been Jobbed" and "You are Looking at the New Assistant Director for the Redwood Coast Music Festival." First one could be inappropriate, second one is not actually true, unless I post a picture, because you are not actually looking at me.

But I digress. The actual point, and yes I do actually have one, is that I GOT THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR JOB THAT I WANTED! I am the proud new employee of the company that brings you such music festivals as Blues by the Bay and Redwood Coast Jazz Festival. You can find their site here: www.redwoodcoastmusicfestivals.org.

I will be helping the director coordinate and put on the Blues by the Bay event, scheduled for July 14 and 15 in my very own Eureka. My job description is, and I'm not kidding, do what it takes to put on Blues by the Bay. It's a two-person office, I'm the second person.

5 comments:

Reverend AC said...

Yay!!!

Laurie Stark said...

Naomi, that is AMAZING. I love this story of you moving out there and how we were all excited for and a little worried that you were making a rash mistake and it ended up being SUCH the right thing. I'm so proud of you.

Russell said...

Congrats! That sounds awesome!

West Coast Midwestern said...

THAAAAANK YOU, Y'all. My first day is today. Actually in about an hour and 45 minutes. Which means no more shenanigans on the computer. I have to get ready for work. (Feels weird and good to say that.)

Movie Maven said...

hooooorah!! congrats!! that sounds like a totally perfect job for you.