Friday, May 18, 2007

Gnarly. (This Post is Where I Blame Being In Love and Happy for My Recent Weight Gain.)

I mean, what the hell. I am active everyday more than I've been in years. I'm learning about and consuming healthier and more organic foods. OK, so I may perhaps eat sweets on the daily as well, but I always did that! Blast that Mike has introduced me to the wonders and evils of Haagen Dazs. But seriously. I don't think that should account for the 20 pounds I've put on since I got here. (OK a bit of it was prior to leaving Wisconsin, but I attributed that to stress. OK, I've been stressed here as well. OK, whatever. Excuses, excuses.)

Mike says I'm beautiful and look wonderful but he's just a blind-in-love liar. But I of course mean that in a good way. Haha. But I mean, I finally for the first time in my life feel happy in a romantic relationshp, feel confident and secure in myself and in my partner, and I blame this, not the ice cream, for the weight gain. And the stress. OK, it's the fault of the ice cream as well. But besides that, don't happy people and people in committed relationships stereotypically "let themselves go?" Is this what I'm doing? I HOPE NOT!

Well, anyway, back to reality, it's the beginning of my third day of work today, and the first day without the aid and training of the assistant director whom I am replacing. I'm on my own today. And I'm excited to get in there and get to work. So I gotta jet, y'all. I'm riding my bicycle, because I gotta get moving! And stop eating Haagen Dazs! It's all natural amazingness, but of course comes at a price, like so many sweet things in this world.

PEACE.

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

I ALWAYS gain weight when I'm in a relationship. So much of relationships for me centers around eating together, cooking together, grocery shopping together, etc. Food can be really romantic and sensual.

That said, I am SHOCKED that you've gained weight. I seriously expected you to be a stick figure by now with all of your walking and bike riding! Are you sure that you haven't just gained MUSCLE from all that exercise?

West Coast Midwestern said...

Um, maybe at least a few of the pounds could be attributed to muscle, judging by how clothes fit. But YES I agree with you that food makes things so romantic and can be sensual. And, also, ice cream is so delicious. And chocolate.