Monday, May 14, 2007

A Day of Rest (Sunday, May 6)

Slept in. Got up. Sat around outside. Sipped coffee. Took Mike to work by 2PM. Rode my bicycle to the square and got a rack for the back, on which to put my pink milk crate. Walked around the square and then rode bike to Safeway grocery store. Bought a chocolate and cherry thing that Mike likes, an organic banana that I like, and a trashy magazine (Life & Style, $1.99, sometimes I'm such a sucker). Rode back to shop. Gave Mike the chocolate and cherries. Had a couple (obviously). Walked over to the marsh. Sat on a bench by the sparkling pond. Made a few phone calls. Read my book for a while. Walked over to the edge of the ocean water where there are all these big rocks right off the footpath, and sat on the rocks. Watched these flocks of birds do their birdy thing(s).

The weather is GORGEOUS today. Sunny, mid-to-upper 60's. Best day so far, weather-wise, I think. Occasional breeze but not wind. Sunshine constantly. Warm but not too warm. Just lovely.* Peaceful to watch the birds. Walked the big loop on the foot path. The foliage has really grown since last I was there. Smiling faces, other walkers, laughing children, tweeting birds.

*lovely adj. attractive, handsome, comely, beautiful, adorable, exquisite, elegant, pretty; delightful, charming, enchanting, fascinating, enjoyable, aggreeable, pleasing, pleasant; winsome, winning, lovable, cute, sweet, captivating, alluring, engaging, endearing, irresistible, fetching; good, fine. (Yes! The day WAS adorable. How did my thesaurus know?!!? It gets me.)

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

What a nice day. Sorry I missed your call, I was still in Chicago and just remembered that I never called you back. Things have been insane and I don't mean that in the "I'm-trying-to-make-an-excuse" way. Things have ACTUALLY been insane what with Chicago and subletting my place and selling everything I own and my last few weeks of work and trying to make arrangements for TWO MONTHS IN EUROPE and a 20 HOUR DRIVE to Florida, etc., etc. Good lord!

West Coast Midwestern said...

It's OK. We should actually talk on the phone soon though! Before you run away to Europe.