Sunday, September 21, 2008

Art Night Pictures

Well, I think our first Art Night was a success; I look forward to next month's Art Night!

Photographs were taken by Naomi C., Josh W., and Kaya W.

(Also, there wasn't as much alcohol as it looks like there was - just a very small space for people to set down their glass or cup - and then somebody brought beer - NOT CLASSY, but oh well. The whole thing was over by 9PM. And kids were involved. A totally family friendly scene.)

The gorgeous tablecloth is from my mom:
Photobucket

Sculpture by the featured artist:
Photobucket

Sculpture by the featured artist:
Photobucket

Closeup of the spread (the serving plates and bowls are from my mom):
Photobucket

We cleaned and rearranged and set up the gallery all day:
Photobucket

Photobucket

The partners (and a stray banjo player):
Photobucket

The musicians warming up:
Photobucket

Sculpture by featured artist:
Photobucket

Sculpture by featured artist:
Photobucket

Sculpture by featured artist:
Photobucket

Blurry musician getting his bass out of the back room:
Photobucket

Kaleidoscope:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More warming up:
Photobucket

Painting, called "Vision":
Photobucket

Painting, called "Starscape":
Photobucket

Old-timey country and blue grass jam band:
Photobucket

They sounded fantastic:
Photobucket

This is Ryan. He made the lampworked blown glass wine stoppers. This is a wine stopper demonstration right here:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ryan's dog Chi Chi had to stay in the car:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids got here around 7:30. Kaya immediately stole my hat (looks better on her anyway):
Photobucket

Photobucket

Kaya posing for a picture by picking up random stuff off the ground (I've seen a history of Kaya's outdoor pictures and this is what she usually does):
Photobucket

The kids hammin' it up for me:
Photobucket

Photobucket

The night wouldn't be complete without a gratuitous picture of Baby:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Josh wouldn't let us get a picture taken together - I think Kaya snuck one later.)

At this point, all pictures are either by Josh or Kaya:
Photobucket

Lampworked LED lightbulbs (they really work!):
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I believe this is a picture of what you see when you look into the kaleidoscope:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Leaf Bowl by featured artist:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ryan and Mike have serious glass-blowing conversation in what I call their twinspeak:
Photobucket

Kaya found my sharpie markers and a notebook:
Photobucket

So serious (I think they are talking about specific flames to use when using specific brands of torches.):
Photobucket

Photobucket

We made a sale!:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Josh asked me to pose like the sculpture:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I swear I did not take a picture of the Port Wine Cheese from WI (I didn't even know this cheese existed until moving to California; and yet I mentioned to someone that it was made in Wisconsin, and the rest of the night everyone said in a Midwestern accent "This cheese is from Wisconsin," or you know, their idea of a Midwestern accent.):
Photobucket

This is the one where Kaya said "I got one of you and Josh!":
Photobucket

Since the kids were so good their dad stopped off at the grocery store to get them ice cream. Kaya jumped into the driver seat and said "Take my picture!" and pretended to be driving/crashing:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A success!

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

Everything looks beautiful! You guys did a fabulous job!

Charmingly Feisty said...

Nooooooooo! No spider!!

Other than that, what a fun night. I think I'm jealous of your life.