Thursday, September 25, 2008

Proof Positive that Exercise is More Enjoyable When Awake

My morning activities this morning confirmed my suppositions from yesterday; in other words, my body works much better after I give it time to wake up and fill it with a hot cup of muddy brew (with milk, or half-n-half if we have it). This morning I woke up at 7 AM, played on the internet for about 30 minutes, made a pot of coffee (that took about 2 minutes), washed dishes for about 30 minutes, drank a cup of coffee, drank a glass of water, did a whole bunch of push-ups (on my knees still, but I'm getting stronger and even have some muscle definition going, so in time I'll reach my goal of being able to do real push-ups) and a few yoga stretches, and then out the door I went on my walk. And it was a world of difference too, let me tell you. That big ol' hand that was pushing me backwards yesterday slunk away to bother somebody else. Somebody weaker, or sleepier.

I worked as my neighbor's office assistant again today, and he basically offered me a permanent job. It wouldn't be for a little while yet, which would be good for me because I'm doing the gallery gig right now. I told him I won't know for a while, but I do know that the owners of the gallery are trying to work toward being able to run the gallery themselves so they don't have to pay a person to sit here. Whether that is five months down the road, a month, or a year, nobody really knows yet. It remains to be seen. I'd like for things to settle down a bit so I can crack down on a whole bunch of things that need to get done for Mike's and my business. That needs to be my main priority now. But what tomorrow will bring? Only time will tell.

And yeah, being an office assistant does sound like all kinds of lame, which is probably why I keep quitting jobs where I am an office assistant. But my neighbor is not your average duck. He is incredibly eclectic and ... what's the nice word for weird people? Eccentric. And that's a good thing. (We actually make a very good team, naturally.)

No comments: