Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Art Night!

So tonight is our first night participating in our town's monthly art night ("our" being the gallery partners and myself, the sole employee of the place). I just got back from the grocery store where I selected delectable wines and cheeses and individually wrapped Dove chocolates in various flavors (because they are inexpensive and yet seem fancy, plus include little "quotes" inside the foil wrappers). I've got some veggies to wash and chop up and put on trays. We are going to have live music and a featured artist - it's a party y'all! And you're invited.

Got to get back to work. But just wanted to write about it. The partners are three guys who are a few years older than I am and when I said "We should have refreshments," their response was "Here's some money. You do it." Ha ha, gotta love it. And I'm having a ball, y'all.

3 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

That sounds so fun! I want to see pictures!

And I'm not gonna lie, I love those little Dove chocolates with the quotes inside.

West Coast Midwestern said...

I know, right? They are fun and amazingly delicious.

I will post pictures.

And now that I have dug out my "party stuff" I have to call my mom and thank her for being so incredibly generous to me: I have GORGEOUS serving platters and bowls, tablecloths, napkins, place mats. Like out of this world fabulous. And it's all gifts from Mom. She is so good to me.

Charmingly Feisty said...

That sounds very cool - and what an awesome mom. that's the sort of thing (party stuff) that I'm always reluctant to buy, but then the once every two years when I need it I wish I had bought it. It really makes an event an event.

Have fun!