Saturday, March 31, 2007

Movies v. Books (Thursday, March 29)

WHY I HATE SEEING THE MOVIE BEFORE I READ THE BOOK:

Because I imagine Cameron Diaz, Toni Collette, and Shirley Maclaine;* instead of Maggie Feller, Rose Feller, and Ella Hirsch.**

*the film actors
**the book characters

The Moving Picture is what happened to Imagination.


************************************************************************************
PLUS in News About My Quest to Find a Sub-Letter: Apartment Guy fell through which sucks. There's a girl starting at my former employer in May that is interested. Plus Thank Goodness (and Jessa!) for Roommates.com (Jessa told me about it). I've got about five people and counting interested. Let's just hope one pans out...and soon! One is all I need.

************************************************************************************

Quotes I stole from Off the Map and Applied to my Cali visit (in January), my love for Mike, and my future life:

"Maybe I hadn't known kindness before."

"So right then and there I start making promises: I will walk with giant steps and swing my arms in enormous circles, I won't sleep in except when I do, I'll sing off pitch when I'm not alone, I'll take walks in the woods and the loud polluted city, I will take off my masks and wear love unabashedly, I will keep making promises, and I will not stop dreaming."

"(Half of being a dreamer is actually living in your dreams.)"

"This is where magic is, in the lines of our laughter and our stories, where we make a haven from what hurts us in the rest of the world."

"Take what's free, and you get FREEDOM."

"Sometimes, more hope is the best thing you can hope for."

"a place where everyone had time for their lives"

"Learn to sing Yes to our loves and our strange salvaged lives."

"Know me and love me and grow with me."

"Where can we go when we let go of what binds us?"

"Someone I loved was waiting there, holding a space for me."

This is still and ever more strongly how I feel after all kinds of obstacles and stresses we've been through together in such a short time.

This seems the natural progression of things even though by some standards it may seem fast. When you know, you know.
When you know, you know.
This is the best way I know how to describe this.

************************************************************************************

There's a bus stop at the end of my street. Sarah (my roommate) just took it downtown. That totally rocks. Mike says the bus system here sucks but it can't be that bad. Sarah says the people-watching on the bus is half the adventure. That's the kind of attitude I like. I think Mike just doesn't like taking the bus. I have always lived in suburbs out of reach of any bus system, so this is sooooooo cool to me. Plus Sarah says the transfer point is in walking distance so if I don't feel like walking all the way downtown I can easily walk to another bus stop or take this bus to the transfer point and then walk. So how awesome are those options?

No comments: