Monday, March 26, 2007

Sunday, March 25

Yesterday (Saturday) we went to the beach in Loleta. The sun was sunny and the waves were huge. Baby and I did NOT like the temp of the tide on our bare feet. Mike thought this was quite amusing.

Today it's sunny and I hope we get to go to the beach again. It was dreary for part of yesterday and rainy this morning. Guess that's why Mike says "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes."

I'm one step closer to my dream of daily walks on the beach.

Once upon a time I used to eat out everyday, back when money flowed like a river (is this a good analogy? is this even an analogy?). Now that I have been taking a much needed break, before Mike's studio has been set up and I have yet to run the buesiness side of things, we eat at home. Except for a few special occasions such as sushi with the kids or slices of pizza in Old Towne yesterday because we both have been craving pizza for sooooo long, we buy groceries and prepare our meals at home. Mike makes sure we eat enough greens because apparently I'm a child that thinks green veggies are disgusting (until I eat them and decide they are delicious). This cooking in your own kitchen thing is quite novel. I like it. And I feel healthier too.

Today (Sunday), with the kids, we walked over to Redwood Acres where they were having a flea market. We didn't buy anything. At one booth I picked up the oldest smallest new testament of the Bible I've ever held to my knowledge and looked at a few verses I know to see how it read. The lady manning (personing? womaning?) the booth said "You can have that new testament if you want it." I thanked her for her kindness. She said, "I already have one; that's an extra."

I must have looked like a lost soul.

The date on the inside is 1816, but there is another date referencing 1611. It simply says NEW TESTAMENT on the front but in the back are selected Psalms and reasons why you would benefit from reading them ("when you are feeling lonely," "when you are discouraged," even "when you are planning your budget"). Also there are the words to the National Anthem, America the Beautiful and at least one other American song of which the name escapes me at the moment. It also contains a "prayer for going into battle." It appears to have been well used (maybe well loved?). It states it's a King James Version. Could it have been a soldier's Bible?

This other man, at the flea market, noticed my amber ring and said I could go into business for him selling his amber. He had a chunk of amber with what appeared to be tiny bees inside so Kaya, Josh and I took turns looking through the magnifying glass and speculating on what we thought they were.

Josh bought those noise makers that you throw at the ground. We played Uno and watched A Knight's Tale. We ate grilled cheeses (me, Baby, Mike) and ramen noodles (the kids). We sat outside and played with the dogs.

I asked a bunch of times for the beach but Mike did not have the energy to go. I thought about going by myself but felt that I was needed at the house.

No comments: