Friday, March 16, 2007

Thursday March 15 2007

There is a free zoo and a sequoia park within walking distance from our house.

I dyed my hair red. I hated the bleach blond streaks and purple faded to gray. I wonder why.

I went to Target last night. It felt like home.

My hair either makes me look less washed out or more. I'm not sure yet which.

My sty seems to be mostly healed.

I'm sitting on an old log at the beach. The closest beach is Samoa Dunes. This is my first time at the beach since my last time here. Mike thinks it's sandal weather but can't find his sandals. He took off his shoes and wandered around barefoot. I didn't think it was barefoot-at-the-beach weather until we got all the way back to the car. All my sandals are packed away except for one green pair of Gap flip flops that I bought for $2 last July after walking up and down State Street and the square in pursuit of all the cow statues, thanks to Mike saying I'd want one pair of summer shoes in the car with me. The rest of my sandals are packed away in the freight cube, which is supposed to be arriving within the next few days.

Next time I go to the beach, which I hope is tomorrow (Friday) I'm only bringing my camera using my camera strap and not my big shoulder bag which got restrictive and heavy, and my green filip flops on my feet instead of my hiking boots, which are sooooo nice, but hot on my feet and heavy to carry if I want to walk barefeet in the sand.

Lessons learned already. :-)

Otherwise the beach was beautiful. Just like I thought it would be.

No comments: