Sunday, March 25, 2007

Saturday, March 24

We get the kids tomorrow (Sunday).

A guy might/wants to rent my place in Madison!

I'm trying desperately to "discipline" myself by not starting ANOTHER book until I finish at least one of the six or so I'm already in the middle of. I'm *nearly* done with one I've been tackling (it's hard to read) for nearly a year, then I can *finally* start "In Her Shoes" which is just a straight-up guilty pleasure read, not anything that will teach me how to be a better person. Though it *might* help me understand my sister better. (It's a book about two sisters who couldn't be more different from one another and how something drastic happens that forces them to realize they have more in common than they thought and that they love each other so much. I think. Based on watching the movie version, and yes, I'm embarrassed to admit that.)

It was sunny yesterday (Friday) all day. It's dreary today.

Mike sorts through my things in the garage. He puts them away. I'm apparently incapable of doing it. It becomes overwhelming to me as soon as I go out to the garage and see all the stuff everywhere. MY STUFF everywhere. I see things I don't want to get rid of but I don't know what to do with - it's incredibly draining.

At least I have been able to sort through and put away whatever one of us brings into the bedroom. That's something useful. And not even *useful* either.

1 comment:

Movie Maven said...

as always - the book is better than the movie. yes, i read it. the character toni collette plays is more the main character in the book, though (at least i thought she was). it's not bad writing, it's just not terribly cerebral. nothing wrong with that.