Monday, April 30, 2007

Day in Review (Saturday, April 28)

*Bicycle ride 7:45AM with Mike to Old Towne Coffee and Chocolates

*After Kaya was done with gymnastics the four of us went to Golden Harvest in Arcata for breakfast. The kids both had "hot cakes," Mike had eggs benedict, I had an omelette with spinach, cheddar cheese and black olives. It was quite delicious and a very nice time. Kaya insisted on sitting next to me.

*Then we wandered around the very packed Arcata square/farmers market.

*I saw Laurie's twin up ahead at the farmers market. Same hair, same clothes, same walk, same mannerisms. I kept hoping she'd turn around even though I knew it wasn't her. She never did though. It probably would have ruined the illusion anyway.

*Then we dropped Mike off at work (we left his care there last night) and the kids and I went to the Arcata library, which was tiny, and not well-equipped.

*After an hour at the library, where the kids read Discovery Kids magazines and had me read/look at just about every page of every copy (they read about 10 of them), we left Arcata for the pet store in Eureka. Kaya and Josh ran around saying, "Naomi, look at this. Naomi, look at this!" We viewed, and oohed and ahhed over their baby cuteness as most if not all were very young and fresh in life, numerous birds, fish, and rodents. There was a very big iguana out front surrounded by about 20 billion 10-year-old girl scouts.

*After going to one more pet store AND a toy store, I was beat. We went back home, where Kaya read Scary Stories, and I started my current novel. Josh played X-box.

*Mike got home around 5PM and then we went to Fortuna and sold some glass. Then the four of us went to Round Table for pizza. Kaya insisted on sitting next to me and going with me up to the salad bar. She's such a cutie. I never thought I'd say this, but there was waaaaaaaaaaaay too much cheese on the pizza. The salad bar, though overpriced, was pretty delicious though. Josh was getting pretty crabby/overly hungry, but was better after he had some pizza. Sitting at a family pizza place sharing pizza with this little family that might sort of be mine (a little bit) felt so domestic. And nice.

*We went home and Mike put in a movie. Kaya fell asleep cuddled up next to me. Josh sat on the other couch, and laughed a lot at the movie. We took them after it got over, probably around 9:30PM.

Long day, but a nice one.

2 comments:

Laurie Stark said...

maybe it was me from an alternate universe!

West Coast Midwestern said...

But then you would have been in the mirror, remember!?!

OMG, Laurie, her hoodie was the same color as yours and everything! Short foofy skirt over pants. Your hair when it was really dark, as that is how I last saw you in person and how I knew you longest. The *only* difference (from the back anyway) was her dangly earrings. But otherwise, OMG!