Monday, April 9, 2007

Wristwatches (Sunday, April 8)

Yesterday was just plain tough. Not so good.

However, there were good things about yesterday:

1) Mike was able to start blowing glass again (finally!) and I got to watch him (it's amazing, boyfriend or no, this man is a genius and so talented and I made a video of it which I can hopefully post depending on how it turned out).

2) I got my watch at Target for $8.74 plus tax because it went down again in price from $17.94 plus tax (original price was $34.99). All of my watches mysteriously stopped working at precisely the same hour; I'm guessing it had something to do with being in the freight cube. I wanted an athletic-type watch anyway to wear for work and exercise.

3) OK Computer was marked down to $9.99!

4) I also got Queen Greatest Hits for $9.99 and it has Bicycle Race, You're My Best Friend, plus Fat-Bottomed Girls and MORE!

5) I talked on the phone to both Hayley and Andrea.

6) I went to Rita's by myself. I wrote while I waited for my food but I just sat and enjoyed each bite once my food arrived. It was a pleasant experience. Well except for being able to hear every word of the lady at the next table who is planning her wedding and apparently that means she can think of nothing else. Including talking quieter.

7) There's a quote in OK Computer's CD booklet that says to say to yourself every morning "Every day in every way I am getting better and better."

**********************************************************************************
So today, Sunday, I dug out some of my books I've really been missing that were in storage in the garage and now I'm really excited!

Included but not limited to:

The book Hayley gave me called "Worldchanging, A User's Guide for the 21st Century."

To reread: Born Confused and Chocolat.

A diary I wrote in 1990. It turns out it's a comedy. ("Dear Diary, Sorry I forgot to write. To tell you the truth, I love my sister Natalie, but she can be a brat." Ah, 9-year-olds have it rough.)

I also found Animaniacs on DVD! Haha! I love that show. They just run around wreaking havoc all day. Why is that funny!? I wonder if I live in reality. (It may seem that I'm surprised I found it, but I'm really just excited. I actually do know I own it. Well this answers the reality question.)

*********************************************************************************

What's one thing I always write about in my various diaries and journals ever since I was quite young? Wristwatches. Why do I write about wristwatches? I think it's paradoxical to me that I go through phases where I wear one. Will it ever make a difference? I'm always without concept of time. My intentions are good but my timing is off. Is this a bad attitude? Is this why I can never grasp onto time and just manage it? Is this the correct use of the word paradoxical?

*********************************************************************************

I got done with In Her Shoes, and How do I feel about it? It's OK. It was an OK story. Pretty good, even. It fit the girlfriend bill. The sisters found their common ground, like I knew they would. The best thing about it was the ee cummings poem at the end: i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart).

*********************************************************************************
10:36PM: I walked in weather ranging from misting to fairly hard rain. It felt good sometimes, felt cold sometimes. I left at 8:45PM after putting in a load of laundry. I walked to Myrtle, down Myrtle to Harrison Ave, then to Harris, past the grocery store we always walk to, and up the big hill back home. I would guess it was about two miles, but maybe more and maybe less. My sense of distance is about equal to my sense of timing. I am glad I have more sense in other areas. Haha. It felt good to walk and think, even in the rain. I forgot to walk earlier in the day because I was busy trying to rearrange our things and clean our room. And the whole no concept of time thing. The day often escapes me because I don't worry myself with things such as there are only 24 hours in the day. Maybe I should start doing that...I don't really like to worry though...

No comments: