Saturday, April 7, 2007

Hummingbirds (Friday, April 6)

There are four trees full of flowers in my backyard. Every morning I hear the loud buzzing that is hummingbirds. As I sit and sip my coffee, bask in the warm sun on mornings that are not foggy, I sit very still on the patio and watch them buzz from tree to tree, tiny beautifully intriguing helicopter-like creatures. Many days I see three or four, red, blue, green, silver, lovely, miraculous.

Currently listening to Prince/1999 (borrowed from Mike's music collection). I think it's weird.

**********************************************************************************

Yesterday morning was just dazzling. The sun sparkled on the dew in the grass and felt like a wonderful embrace on my shoulders. The weather felt like summer is at the door. Mike and I sat in the sun for hours and talked, or sometimes not, just listening to the birds and the breeze in the leaves. The sky was intensely blue and cloud free. It was my favorite morning. We sipped coffee and tea, and shared a bowl of the most amazingly delightful fruit I've ever encountered: Mango. Like nothing I've quite experienced, sort of citrus but not acidic, smoother than a banana, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth texture. "Maybe this could be our new 'chocolate,'" said Mike. Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: